a. Employers Registered with PSETA wishing to implement a PSETA Learnership:
1. Submits an intent to implement a learnership
2. Sign an employment contract with the learner (if the learner was not employed at the time of signing the learnership agreement)
3. Sign a Learnership Agreement with the learner
4. Submit the Learnership Agreement to PSETA together with the following:
- Copy of the learner’s employment contract
- Original Certified copy of the learner’s ID document
- Proof/confirmation of employment status for employed learners
The Learnership Agreement and other supplementary documentation can be accessed under the Downloads section of the website.
1. Learnership regulations require PSETA to make a decision on whether it will register a learnership agreement within 7 days of receipt.
2. Learnership regulations also require PSETA to register the learnership agreement within 21 days of that decision.
3. If the agreement has any outstanding information, the learnership agreement will be returned to the employer, accompanied by a letter indicating reasons for non-registration. The employer may resubmit the learnership agreement, together with all required documentation
4. If all the required documents are attached, PSETA will issue the employer with a Confirmation letter or proof of registration certificate.
b. Employers Registered with PSETA wishing to implement a Learnership from another SETA
1. Contact the SETA to which the learnership belongs to ascertain if the employer fulfils all the requirements to implement the learnership.
2. Submit to PSETA an Intent to implement a learnership belonging to another SETA
3. Complete the PSETA learnership agreement and submit it to PSETA.
4. PSETA will submit a copy of the Learnership Agreement to the respective SETA who will register the learnership and issue the employer with a confirmation letter.